University teachers, researchers, doctoral candidates and comparable staff at universities and research institutes. If you have questions concerning your possible membership, simply contact us at the SULF Membership Register. Please contact us on 08-505 836 00 or send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SULF is the only union that is fully focussed on the academic world. You gain full access to our expertise on conditions specific to the university sector, including membership of one of our professional sections. You help SULF to promote higher education policy issues. SULF provides security, support and guidance through its fact bank, membership helpline and support to your local Saco-S and SULF association. You gain the opportunity to influence as well as access to membership benefits. Learn more about membership benefits, which also include SULF income insurance.
Please note that membership of the unemployment insurance fund AEA (Akademikernas erkända a-kassa) is not included. SULF recommends that you supplement your SULF membership with a membership of AEA.
Yes, one of the best income insurance policies on the market with Folksam is included in SULF membership. This insurance is specifically tailored to the needs of SULF members: for example, a period on a post-doc scholarship or research studies full time without an employment position can be disregarded when calculating the time period for eligibility.
We also provide Additional insurance. Members can now take out an individual addition insurance policy on top of the basic insurance cover that is included in membership. This additional insurance must be taken out by each member individually and provides payments for an additional 150 days. Monthly premiums vary according to income from SEK 33 to SEK 198.
Read more about the income insurance and additional insurance here.
If you are a member of another union you must cancel your membership there. Find out what date your withdrawal can be scheduled and use this for your admission application to SULF so you will be a member from the same date, provided your SULF application is received during the month you wish to enter.
If you have been covered by an income insurance scheme in another trade union, your period of membership in that scheme may be counted towards the qualifying period if the membership is valid at the time you join SULF. If you become unemployed before you have been a member of SULF for 12 months, you will require proof of membership from your previous union.
- Other Saco unions. If you are a member of another Saco union, you can (in most cases at no, or very small, additional cost), become a double member and join SULF so you get membership of the two unions for basically one fee. This provides access to two magazines, membership benefits from two unions etc. Learn more about our double-membership charges for professionals and doctoral candidates. Contact SULF Membership Register for further details.
- Swedish Association of Health Professionals. If you are a member of this union and work as a teacher of nursing science you may become a member of SULF only and at the same time remain as non-negotiable member of the Swedish Association of Health Professionals. Contact them on 020-35 35 00 for discussions on your continued membership and indicate that you are SULF member.
No, Akademikernas Erkända Arbetslöshetskassa, AEA, is an independent organisation and membership requires a separate application. SULF recommends that you become member of AEA. Apply for membership here. The monthly fee for membership of AEA is currently SEK 100.
For questions about unemployment insurance, ring directly to AEA on 08-412 33 00.
SULF members belong to the Akademikernas erkända arbetslöshetskassa, AEA. If you wish to join the AEA you must complete a separate application for admission. Please note that membership of the AEA is not included in your SULF membership. SULF recommends that you supplement your SULF membership with a membership of AEA.
If you are switching from another insurance fund should find out what date your withdrawal is scheduled and state this on your admission application to AEA. You should also request what is known as proof of transition which will enable your membership period in your previous insurance fund to be credited by the AEA.
When you get your proof of transition from your previous unemployment fund, submit it to AEA. This is important because your membership of unemployment insurance must be continuous if, in the future, you become unemployed and apply for payments from them.
Log in and update your membership data at sulf.se or mail email@example.com or call 08-505 836 00.
To log in, use your membership number (found on the back of your Universitetsläraren magazine or your membership fee bill) and password (the last four digits of your personal registration number).
Forgotten your details? Do you have e-mail address registered with us? Simply enter it and you will get the information by return e-mail.
Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 08-505 836 00, and we will send you a certificate.
You are welcome to remain a member of the union even after retirement at a reduced fee, 600 SEK/year. You can then continue to exert influence on the university world. Membership also allows you to follow developments in higher education in the Universitetsläraren magazine, newsletters and you also get to retain discounted insurance and other membership benefits. Contact the membership register.
To cancel your membership of SULF you must notify us in writing. Once your withdrawal occurs, all your membership benefits also cease as well as the individual advice and negotiating assistance that is included in membership.
In the e-mail, state
- Personal Registration Number/Membership Number
- First Name Last Name
- Postal Code City
- Exit Reason: retirement, switching to work outside the university/college sector, moving abroad, moving to a union outside Saco, dissatisfaction (please specify cause) or other reasons (specify)
- Desired leaving date from SULF (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Please note that exit will occur at the end of the following month at the earliest. You will receive a confirmation that we have received your request.
- Share your thoughts to receive a lottery ticket. We work continuously to improve our membership conditions and benefits. As part of this work, we would appreciate your help to answer some questions about your membership so that we can improve and develop our membership services in the future. If you fill in your personal identity number to the survey, we will send you a Trisslott lottery ticket as a thank you for your help
- Finally, we wish to express our appreciation and gratitude that you have chosen to be a member of SULF and will be glad to welcome you back if you decide to choose us again in the future!