Postdoc Day 2017
What you should know about your postdoctoral experience
Friday 17th November 2017
Vallfarten, Campus Valla, Linköping University
- 10:00 – 10:15: Welcome: Welcome to the PostDoc Day over a cup of coffee
- 10:15 – 11:00: Sverker Lundin, VR representative (Senior Research Officer) The Swedish Research Council’s (Vetenskapsrådet) international postdoc grant and other forms of funding
- 11:00 – 12:00: Åsa Rybo Landelius, officer, SULF: What different kinds of fixed-term employment are there in the academia? What happens when a fixed-term employment comes to an end? (Unemployment fund & income insurance.)
- 12:00 – 13:15: Lunch sandwich
- 13:15 – 15:00: Robert Andersson, chief negotiator, SULF: What rules apply to applying for scholarships / employment (VR). What about unemployment insurance and social insurance (sickness and parental benefits) during and after a postdoc – depending on employment or scholarship, EU or outside EU? What to consider before going and what happens after a postdoc? What merit value does a postdoc have?
- 15:00 – 15:30: Questions around a coffee
- 15:30 – 16:00: Anna Eklöf: Story telling of a LiU employee who was a postdoc abroad: Anna is now a lecturer in theoretical biology at LiU and has done a post-doc in Chicago where she took her family a few years ago.
For registration and information please send an email to email@example.com before the 15th November.