The Swedish Association for University Teachers and Researchers (SULF), Uppsala University Postdoc Association (UUPA) and SLU postdoc association (SLUPA) invite you to an introductory seminar on your rights as a postdoc.
We will discuss, among other things, the difference between scholarships and employment, how collective agreements work, the postdoc contract and residence permits, mentoring programs and workshops for postdocs, commercialization support for research results.
The presentations will be held in English. Bring a friend!
Title: Information seminar for postdocs
Date: Monday, November 6, 2023
Registration: register by filling in the form below
Link to the seminar: a link to the seminar will be sent to you after registration.
The seminar will cover the following topics
- Introduction to SULF, UUPA and SLUPA
- Collective bargaining rights and the new postdoc contract
- Difference between scholarships and employment (time limits, access to social benefits, etc.)
- Rules and regulations related to permanent positions
- Unemployment insurance from a-kassa and from the union
- Residence permits (for postdocs from outside the EU)
- Mentoring programs and workshops for postdocs from UU Career and Leadership department
- Service and support for commercializing research results from UU Innovation
09:10-09:25 Joining UUPA
09:25-09:40 Joining SULF
09:40-09:55 Joining SLUPA
10:00-11:00 Your rights as a postdoc (Robert Andersson, SULF)
11:10-11:30 Postdoc training workshops, career mentoring (UU Career and Leadership Department)
11:30-11:50 Innovation and mentoring (UU Innovation Office)
11:50-12:00 Questions and Closure
Our main speakers are Robert Andersson, (chief negotiator and representative at SULF’s central office),
Anna Westin (Skills development officer at Uppsala University Career and Leadership Department) and
Frida Johnson (Business Advisor at Uppsala University Innovation).