The Swedish Association for University Teachers and Researchers (SULF), Uppsala University Postdoc Association (UUPA) and SLU postdoc association (SLUPA) invite you to an introductory seminar on your rights as a postdoc. We will discuss, among other things, the difference between scholarships and employment, how collective agreements work, the postdoc contract, and residence permits.
Title: Information seminar for postdocs
Date: Tuesday November 8, 2022
Link to the seminar: a link to the seminar will be sent to you after registration.
Registration: Please register in advance by filling in the form below.
The seminar will cover the following topics
- Introduction to SULF, UUPA and SLUPA
- collective bargaining rights and the new postdoc contract
- difference between scholarships and employment (time limits, access to social benefits, etc.)
- rules and regulations related to permanent positions
- unemployment insurance from a-kassa and from the union
- residence permits (for postdocs from outside the EU)
Our main speakers are Robert Malmgren, chair of Saco-S at Uppsala University, and Robert Andersson, chief negotiator and representative at SULF’s central office.
The presentations will be held in English. After the presentations, there will be plenty of time for your questions and discussions.
We hope to see you there! Bring a friend!