Working in Sweden (in English)
The seminar will address questions like:
- How does the Swedish labour market work?
- What are the three government agencies that “rule your world”?
- Who needs a residence permit?
- How does the social security system work?
- Can I use the health care system?
- Do I have the right to unemployment benefit?
- Are only Swedish citizens entitled to Swedish pensions?
- What is required to get a permanent residence permit or citizenship?The seminar will also cover the difference regarding the rules for EU/non-EU citizens, the differences between scholarships and employment and special rules for doctoral candidates.
Time and place: May 20 at 13-14, in A5137
We will serve refreshments.
The seminar is arranged by the local SULF body at Stockholm university. SULF, the Swedish Association of University Teachers and Researchers, is the association for university teachers, researchers and doctoral candidates.