The government sector collective agreement will provide you with basic security. These are usually a general solution designed to suit as many people as possible and they may not always meets your individual needs. There is now an opportunity to establish voluntary agreements between you and your employer.
This option is available in the following agreements: Villkorsavtal-T (VA-T), Affärsverksavtal (AVA) and Pensionsavtalet PA 03.
Be aware, before you enter into an individual agreement with your employer, that there are some factors you should consider:
- The agreement must be in writing.
- The agreement must apply until further notice and may be subject to cancellation with a stated period of notice.
- The agreement must include a reciprocal period of notice.
- The employer must inform the local union before agreement is reached.
It may also be helpful to consult with SULF helpline or your local union representatives to obtain an overview of the possible side effects of the agreement.
Areas in which it is possible to make an individual agreement with the employer:f
- Working schedules.
- Working hours on trust.
- Increased overtime.
- Other types of compensation for overtime.
- Number of holiday days.
- Exchange of holiday for pension contributions.
- Holidays during part of the day.
- It is also possible to make individual arrangements concerning period of notice and pensions.