It is currently not possible to log in at the website of Akademikernas a-kassa, read more at (in Swedish). This also affects the payments from SULF’s income insurance. The payment from the income insurance takes place one week after the payment from the unemployment fund has been made.

Sickness, illness

If the Agency grants sickness benefit, the amount is equivalent to just under 80 percent of your salary up to a ceiling of SEK 40 250, at most 32 500 per month (effective in 2022). You are then also entitled to additional compensation from your employer through our collective agreement. This amounts to 10 per cent of your salary up to SEK 32 200 per month and just under 90 per cent of that part of your salary which is above that amount (with no ceiling). If you receive part-time sick pay, your compensation is adjusted proportionately.

Read more at Ersättningskollen. Here you can find out how much money you can receive if you become sick or have an accident.

If you fall ill while you are unemployed, the Social Insurance Agency can pay compensation. The level of compensation, however, may not exceed the maximum compensation that you are entitled to receive from the unemployment insurance system. This means that the benefit ceiling in this case is lower than that for those in employment. If you are unemployed, you must declare to Akademikernas a-kassa  that you are sick, because you cannot receive unemployment benefit and sickness benefit for the same period. No additional compensation can be paid if you are not employed.

If you have a scholarship, special rules apply. Contact SULF for advice.

If you would to supplement your protection further, your membership of SULF entitles you to take out additional insurance through Folksam. These insurance policies can provide further compensation for longer sick leave periods.

Hello, how may we help you?
{{ currentTitle }}