SULF:s membership service is closed 3-5 August. SULF:s Members helpline is closed 3 August and 5 August

Foreign citizens

After 1 July 2014, the accompanying family members of a doctoral candidate have been entitled to work in Sweden after receiving a residence permit as a family member. Once a residence and work permit have been granted, they are free to work in Sweden. The period of this type of residence permit can also be counted when for applying for citizenship if the other conditions are fulfilled. If the doctoral candidate later receives a permanent residence permit, accompanying family members may also apply for the same. Read more about this under Residence permits for doctoral candidates.

Hello, how may we help you?
{{ currentTitle }}